Friday 14 January 2011


Saturday morning.

Couple of days since last update.

Great weather here, why can’t the UK have this weather. I am sure the UK population would be a much happier, healthier nation if we did.

Anyway since Tuesday have got some good training in, all gone to plan.
Thurs I planned my long bike. Solo 4:45mins ride, taking in 2 big climbs on the island, Haria and Mirador.  About 120km in total, good mental training to be out on my own for that long.  Mirador, along with El Golfo is my favourite part of the island, stunning view over the island of La Graciosa.

Later did an easy 1500m recovery swim.

Becci started her marathon course today.  I fit in a track set with dad, main set 3 x 1 miles at a comfortable pace with good warm up and cool downs.  My knees took a long time to warm up and seemed a bit tight after the long bike on thurs! Iced the knees after the run set and they seem better. Then did my longest swim set so far of 3k. Have swum each day so far and the fluid feeling is coming back.  Not doing hard efforts here just trying to bank some miles on all three disciplines.

Today Becci marathon course is lighter so I am getting out on the bike with dad for a long 5-7 hour bike on the ironman course.

JW spent quite a bit of time in the pool today, which was great. I had him kicking and getting confident in the Olympic pool then he was in the play pool with H. He is shattered!

Got 2 key runs planned over the next few days, one long run maybe with Dad then joining Becci Marathon camp for a 24km run set.  Need to look after legs to get these sets in.

Energy levels high at the moment and recovering well from sessions,  good sign of training within myself. Long way to go until IMW.

No comments:

Post a Comment