Thursday 13 January 2011

First Lanzarote Update

Weds morning now, setting to go out on a longer bike. update from yesterday..


Tues – our flight was at 7:50am which meant a 5am start. Flight was early so we landed at 11:40am and was in our room and unpacked by 1pm.  Great weather and sat in pool bar for lunch.
Tues afternoon we looked around and showed JW both swim pools, run track, play park etc. Becci had an easy stretch out in the gym and I did a 2k swim to lossen off after travelling. Walked up into La Santa village to pick up my road bike which I have hired for the trip, a very nice Time bike. Plus grabbed some food shopping in the local supermarket as it is so much cheaper than the resort supermarket. Everyone very tired so we ate in the room and crashed out.

Weds, woke up to clear skies which remained all day, lovely weather.
Becci’s marathon camp starts on Friday so she is doing some light training till then, which today was an early morning 1 hr run.  JW and Me joined in the morning stretch by poolside at 8am which was good fun, then after quick check on emails I headed out on my first ride.  Decided to head over to El Golfo, a stunning part of the island. An ideal first ride with some long climbs over Timanfaya fire mountains, and with a slight detour this clocked up as 78km, 2 hrs 45 mins.
Afternoon was spent on the beach with JW and Bec. I then joined the Green Team 5:10pm 12km off-road run, steady average pace and felt good. After finishing I jumped into the pool for an easy 1500m swim set. An amazing feeling swimming as the sun set and finished the session in a floodlit pool….

Good day all round for everyone, JW watched the Guest show tonight and he is shattered!

Right knee niggling tonight, I think from the downhill of the run, have to keep an eye on this, but tomorrow I plan a longer ride and a swim so no running which will give me the chance to ice tomorrow evening.

Dad, and gang arrive back here tomorrow.

We all love it here, each time I come back I realise how great it is.  Two major differences, no work and warm weather, and these two things make so much difference to training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment