Saturday 14 May 2011

Post-Race week.

This week has all been about recovering from the marshman half ironman event.

As Ironman is the main goal 18 weeks away, it is important to recover as quickly and thoroughly as possible to get back to decent training.

I have decided to race Antwerp Half Ironman on July 25th.  This will fall 7 weeks prior to the ironman and should be ideal prep.  Plus it will be good to go back and correct my poor race I had last year.

This week I have been very very sore, so up to friday I only did some easy swimming and aqua jogging.  Today i did my first easy jog with running club then went out for a 70 mile ride.  Felt great for 1st hour then felt very tired and drained for the next few hours.

Away next weekend from thursday with work so will just build back into some decent running. Next big session planned for may 28th/29th weekend, then I am on holiday for a week in Spain which should allow me to get some long key bikes in, plus running and open water swimming.

can't believe Ironman is coming round so quick, it is very important now to nail any key sessions and use the time I get to put in high volume work wisely.

Onwards we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment